Monday, March 2, 2009

Police Brutality Continues Now With A 15 Year Old Girl

For me, the case of police brutality hasn't been a personal issue or one that has directly affected me. When Oscar Grant was shot and murdered by B.A.R.T police at the Fruitvale station in Oakland, that's when I started paying more attention to police brutality. I actually went to a protest after Oscar Grant's murder. Now seeing this video of eight-year veteran Paul Schene beat up a 15 year old girl in a holding cell is upsetting. After kicking her shoe at the officer, he attacks her. He slams her against the wall and then while on the floor hits her twice on the head. After hitting her he picks her up by her hair. I don't think that kicking a shoe, not to hard, and may be verbally assualting the officer is enough to justify his actions. He went to far and did to much. I hope this officer is punished.

No comments:

Post a Comment